SSA Annual Conference 2023
Thank you for presenting at the SSA Annual Meeting. We look forward to you joining us! Please read on for important information.
- All presenters must register to attend the meeting in-person.
Presentation Time: Each oral presenter has a 15-minute time slot. A 12-minute presentation with time for a ~3 minute Q&A is recommended.
- Presentations made on a Mac, PC or Linux machine will be accepted.
- The following slide formats are acceptable: PowerPoint, Acrobat and Prezi. Not accepted: Keynote, OpenOffice and LibreOffice.
- Please note: If you add presenter notes to your slides, you will not be able to see them on the screen during your talk. We advise you print your notes to use while presenting.
- There are no limits on file sizes.
- The projectors use a wide format (16:9). Your slides will appear in their entirety regardless of the screen’s aspect ratio. 16:9 aspect ratio is recommended; if your slides are 4:3 there will be black bars to either side of your slides.
Upload your Slides at Home
You may upload your slides using the below instructions. The deadline to upload your slides from home is 12 April.
- First, access the upload portal here: https://uploads.projectionnet.com/ssa2023/Login.aspx
- Enter the email address you used to submit your abstract.
- Enter password: SSA2023
- Once logged in you will be asked to create a new password.
Upload your Slides On-site
You will also be able to upload your slides in the Speaker Ready Room, located at 202 C of the Convention Center in San Juan. If you plan to upload your slides on-site, plan to upload them at least one hour before your session is scheduled to begin. The Speaker Ready Room is open:
- Monday, 17 April, 2-7 PM
- Tuesday, 18 April, 7 AM-6 PM
- Wednesday, 19 April, 7 AM-6 PM
- Thursday, 20 April, 7 AM-4:30 PM
If you have a technical question about your upload, please contact our AV team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a non-technical question about your presentation, please contact SSA at email@example.com.
Poster Size: The usable space of each poster board is 44.75″ high x 91″ wide (1.1m x 2.3m).
Set Up Early: Set up your poster before 8:00 a.m. the day of your session and take it down sometime after the final poster viewing time. Push pins will be provided. A notice with the specific time(s) you can be expected to be at your poster is recommended.
Print your poster: To print a poster in San Juan, please contact: